Forskolin is an active compound found in the roots of the Indian coleus (Coleus forskohlii), a tropical plant related to mint. Forskolin stimulates the release of stored fat from fat cells .The same thing happens whenever the body needs to use body fat for energy. The Indian coleus plant (which contains Forskolin) has been a part of traditional herbal medicine for centuries. In humans, forskolin supplements may also:
- Increase bone mineral density, lowering the risk of osteoporosis
- Stimulate testosterone formation, promoting the maintenance of muscle mass
Green Tea Extract
- Research shows that green tea lowers total cholesterol and raises HDL (good) cholesterol in both animals and people.
- Results from one animal study suggest that polyphenols in green tea may block cholesterol from being absorbed in the intestine and also help the body get rid of cholesterol.
- In another small study of male smokers, researchers found that green tea significantly reduced blood levels of harmful LDL (bad) cholesterol.
- Green tea catechins have also been shown to enhance the production of adiponectin, an important hormone for healthy insulin function and blood sugar metabolism. • They have also been shown to help reduce the excess leptin levels associated with metabolic struggles.
- Pomegranates are loaded with antioxidants and polyphenols, and researchers believe that it is these compounds that are responsible for pomegranate’s anti-obesity effects, according to the June 2012 issue of “Nutrition”.
- Pomegranates are extremely nutritious and their high fiber content can help control blood-sugar levels,it is also high in vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium.
- Fucoxanthin is a brown seaweed pigment that is found in most brown seaweeds.
- Fucoxanthin, via its metabolites, seems to be stored in fat cells for a prolonged period of time and can induce fat loss while inhibiting fat cell differentiation and proliferation.
- It also possesses other health benefits, such as correcting abnormalities in glucose metabolism in muscle tissue which can help diabetics and might reduce cholesterol levels and triglycerides by currently unverified mechanisms.
- Reductions in blood pressure and reductions in both liver fat stores and liver enzyme values have been noted with fucoxanthin supplementation in humans.